Vessel Pest Control
Vessel Pest Control In Singapore
The Difference Between Vessel Pest Control & General Pest Management
Pest control catered for ships and vessels require a different level of expertise compared to general pest control servicing in Singapore. This is because the environment that ships provide promotes certain kinds of pests to thrive, and worst, it encourages pests to be breed and transported to other countries.
Now, ships would require sanitation certificates and to adhere to the guidelines given by the International Health Regulations (2005) to be free from diseases. Each ship that goes into international waters needs to renew the sanitation certificates every 6 months. To get certified would mean that your ship is free from pest.
Other than performing integrated pest control, crews have to undergo training on ship sanitation. They should also be given the materials and equipment needed to maintain a certain sanitation level on the ship consistently. In addition, every consumables and materials going onto the ship have to be certified safe as well.
Why Choose Execute Pest
For Vessel Pest Control Management
Our Integrated Pest Control Services Include:
- Bio risk assessments and ship auditing (ensuring high hygiene levels and cleanliness standards)
- Vessel fumigation with the aid of recommended pesticide
- Non-toxic revolutionary CO2 flush out solutions for pest control
- Monitoring, and putting preventive measures in place
- Documented pest management systems
Common Pests Found On Vessels Ships
A very common area of termite infestation is actually on areas around the pier and wood pilings. And thus would spread to the ship once the ship has left the port. It is difficult to detect this pest as they tend to live underground.
Because ships are constantly exposed and could easily collect rain water, ships tend to be a habitat for mosquitos to breed. Mosquitos could also infest a cargo, which could be transferred to ships easily.
Silverfish are attracted to damp areas with high humidity, and can be easily found on onboard vessels. These pests share a common food preference as humans, and thus would tend to enter a ship in search for food. They can even be found on a ship’s toilet, cabinets, etc.
Execute Pest has been in the business of handling a wide range of pest control projects for many years. Our customers’ safety is our utmost priority. Thus, our focus has always been to use eco-friendly pest management solutions.
7 Things Ship Owners Can Do To Avoid Unnecessary Pest Infestation
- Magnifying glasses for close inspection
- Extendable mirrors to inspect hard to reach areas
- Knife to scrape off pest eggs
- Appropriate pest sprays to eradicate pests
(1) Do regular checks
(2) Keep your vessel in the required sanitary conditions
(3) Supply pest traps in areas susceptible to pests
(4) Use approved pesticides when applicable
(5) Crew members should be trained in the preparation of certain pest solutions (e.g. cockroach boric acid mix)
(6) Inspection report to be submitted to PHO
(7) Work completion certificate to be submitted to the vessel captain and PHO
Disclaimer: The information provided contains observations, and may be subjected to other risk and uncertainties that are not mentioned in this section